Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Update - Aug 6 - Part II

Juan:

I just wanted to share with you something I read that really made go 'Wow'. It is the story of one of the Coptic Saints named Philopater Mercurius, aka Abu Safein.

He was the leader of an army. Before one particular battle, the Angel of God appeared to him and gave him a sword and told him he would have victory with it, and he did, and from then on he became a believer. Unfortunately, his king, who was his friend, hated Christians. So when the king was unable to get to worship idols, he had him tortured severly and repeatedly. Each torture he endured with faith. Every night, he would be imprisoned, and the Angel of God would come and heal his wounds. When the king saw that Mercurius would not yield and that he was miraculously healed every night, he sentenced him to death, because many were becoming believers because of Mercurius. Mercurius said to the king that he had power over his body, but not over his soul. So the story goes...

...arriving at the spot of execution, the Saint asked to be left for a while to pray. While praying, a great light shone and HE SAW THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, in glory together with His archangels and angels, in front of Him. The Lord Jesus, with sweet gentless, addressed him saying:

"Peace be to you, my beloved Mercurius.

Your prayers and pleadings have ascended before me as good incense.

Come and rest with me in my Kingdom, for you have struggled well and kept your faith and finished your course.

Come now to receive the crown of glory which has been appointed to you.

You were sincere and testified to My Name before kings and princes regardless of sufferings.

I will let your name be known in every part of the world and great miracles will be performed in Churches that bear your name.

Whoever writes down the story of your testimony and suffering, I will write his name in the book of eternal life.

He who prepares your body for burial on earth, I will give him a celestial body on the day of judgement.

Whoever builds a Church dedicated to your name, I will make him abide in the Heavenly new Jeruslaem. I will let Michael the archangel be a keeper forever over the Churches that bear your name and keeper over all who come to it on the day of your commemoration to listen to the story of your suffering and take your blessings. I tell you Mercurius, I will endow on them mercy and forgiveness and accept your pleas for them. And he who makes offerings (bread, wine, incense or candles) on the day of your commemoration, I will forgive him for all his sins.

Whoever cares to make a feast for the poor on the day of your commemoration, I will make him deserve to attend in my heavenly feast.

I will save whoever calls me in your name from all his suffering.

To every barren woman who asks me in your name, I will give children and to every woman in labour of birth who asks me in your name, I will relieve her quickly.

Whoever gives your name for his child, I will bless, keep and preserve him all the days of his life on earth."

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First, it's amazing that he saw Jesus! Then to hear Him call him His beloved!! Then, to hear Jesus PRAISE him!? Oh man. Wow. Can you imagine Jesus praising your name like that?

No comments: