Thursday, May 1, 2008

Juan's Last Day at Work






Yesterday was my last day at work. I tried not to choke up when I was saying my goodbye speech. I have a lot of love for the guys on my team. We've become really good friends over the past 5 years and I am thankful for you guys - you made working at TC awesome. I walk away with some wicked memories:

  1. Los Cuatro Fantasticos: el loco coco, el banano borracho, el guapo jugador, latino caliente - Mike, Bobby and Sais - you're like brothers to me
  2. Mexico
  3. Rick's jokes - somehow they got more funny the more he told them
  4. mountain biking
  5. Brian's faces and mannerisms - "help me to understand..." - there are way too many quirks to list
  6. the "Bobby Foul Mouth" counter
  7. Nam's giggles
  8. dirties
  9. Juan the virus, Juan no bug me, St Juan the virus
  10. "Hey Juaaaan...."
  11. Chris' storming off
  12. sexy shirt
  13. Shawn's "To be honest..." along with that face he always makes
  14. David's overly intelligent jokes which he usually had to explain to us
  15. Timmies
  16. Thayne's knee-slapping laugh
  17. Bokumbob
  18. the corporate jet and el presidente
  19. Mike's sense of humor and his humility and his electronic addictions and the fact that we had to coordinate our wardrobes because we shopped at the same store
  20. our nicknames:bobster the lobster, juanster the monster, saister the molester
  21. sargaent rancy
  22. not bloody mikely!
  23. Bobby's genuine niceness and the fact that he laughed at all of my jokes
  24. mike's spanish lines: loco fuego en el bano, una botella de vino tinto por favor
  25. the spanish line I taught Bobby: te ves bella en la luz de la luna - you look beautiful in the moonlight
  26. the inseperable John and Ken
  27. Loris and Dong's wedding in Hawaii, Mike taking poor Dong out of commission on his wedding night
  28. our dinosour names: the duck-billed blubbardpus, the wooly maiermoth, the tearradactyl, the velasquez raptor, the kehoesaurus, the hermo-erectus, the liu-clear winter
  29. our chinese names: sy ban ya, lay tsee laam
  30. the many times I argued with the girl at JugoJuice about the price of my juice - and especially the time she handed me an oversized calculator so I could do the math myself
  31. ....and there's lots more, I just can't remember it all right now!!!!!!

The team had a caricature made for Christine and me - it blows my mind! It's absolutely priceless. Thanks fellas. I mean it. Thanks.


Well, I am officially retired. Dad and I are going to go golfing, but I gotta be back in time to make dinner for Christine. She brings home the bacon.

No comments: