Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update - Mar 1

Hi everybody! It's Juan. I know, I know, I haven't blogged in a long time. Fogiveness prease. All is well here in Kenya. God has blessed us with new servants and a temporary new priest, who is amazing. I have a prayer request for you guys. There are 4 long-term servants here. There's a girl from London called Neveen who's taking care of some financial stuff for the hospital. There's a girl from Chicago called Jenny who is the head of the HIV Hope Center. I am involved in the computer stuff here. And Christine, well, we love Christine. Hahaha, I'm just kidding!!! Christine is the Bishop's right-hand man. Anyhoozers, all 4 of us are planning to return home in the next few months. So we need God to send more missionaries, or to reveal His plan for this mission. Please, don't put this off, stop whatever you are doing and pray for us. Thanks guys.

We are preparing for our return to Calgary. I can't believe we only have 1 month left. We have been praying for God's will for our lives. Even though the team here is encouraging us to stay, we feel that God is calling us to serve our community back home. We have been spiritually energized and can't wait to share our passion with our brothers and sisters back home. We don't know what God has in store for us in Calgary. All we know is that we are soldiers in the Army of God, and He has a magnificent plan for us, one that we cannot even fathom.

It's a peaceful feeling when you put all your trust in Him. We are not worried about our jobs or our mortgage or money, because we have seen His very Hand at work, and have no doubt now that Our Father will take care of us. Please pray for us, that our love for God remains as strong as it is now, that we do not fall in love with the things that cannot save us.

Juan

PS.
Alex, happy belated birthday buddy!
Tia, happy birthday!
Abuela, I think about you often. I can't wait to see you. I love you very much.
Carm, how is the baby coming along? How is little Mocushla?
Manny & Nashi, how is Bolivia? What are you up to?
Mom & Dad, I hope you will be in Calgary soon after we return. I miss you so much.
Tante Mona & Uncle Monir, thank you for everything you did for us while we were away. We can't wait to see you.
Bossa, we pray that God is blessing your life.
George, I hope all is well.
Winn & Ginger, Vinny, Geoff, Glorious, I love you guys and can't wait to see you.
Marc & Claudine, we hope that our paths will cross soon. You are family.
Mikey & Bobby, get me a job, or I'll be mooching off of you guys! It will be so great to see you guys again.
Fady & Miryam, I am so proud of you for starting the Bible study. We will pray for God to make it more successful than you can imagine.
Manno, get ready for ribs & hymns. Don't forget the mini muffins.
Selina & Adrian, thank you so much for taking care of our condo, how is the new place?
Prab & Shawn, it will be a dessert partay when we see you again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!! A blog entry!!!
it is so good to hear from you guys. One addition to your list of shout-outs: Happy Birthday to Georgeeeeeee his birthday is TOday!!!okbal meet sana ya gameel :)

i cant wait to see you guys in calgary, it will be just like before. i am really looking forward to something familiar amidst all the chaos that has been happening lately.

I love you guys. say hi to hako for me when you see her in 33 days now (she is keeping count believe it or not, down to the day).

I love you very much
Happy Birthday Georgeeeeeee!!!!!
Love,
Bossa

Anonymous said...

Juan and Christine,

Hooray, a new blog entry. I was starting to think that TransCanada was onto me and just started feeding me a cached page.

Glad to hear you are coming back, it couldn't be a moment too soon. The CEHMeleon has contracted a bad case of the lizard flu, and Bobby's dirty mouth counter is off the charts.

Femmes Singapore said...

hey! so glad to see an entry from you guys! You both look great in the pictures on facebook:)

All is well here. Work is VERY busy but heck only 4 months to go, ha ha! My belly is expanding rapidly but am feeling great. Mikaela is awesome, she's starting to say words like banana, blue, there and mostly NO! Jeju finished his MBA (WOO HOOO!) so we're heading to Chicago for the graduation 18-24 March. Mom and Dad are going to meet us there and they're excited to see Mikaela.

Manny and Nashi has been very silent, but Mom and Dad actually caught them the other day and they are travelling through Argentina. How come I'm the only one working??

Not sure if mom and dad will be in Calgary when you arrive, I think they are missing their house. But they thought you were going to come and stay with them for a while??

Great to hear from you! Enjoy the last month:)

Anonymous said...

Lies! I'll get you for that Mike Lee!

Ahhh...it's gonna be like old times again - spending our work days looking at BMW.com (no one from work looks at this blog right?!).

Looking forward to your return guys.

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! you're coming back! What can I bake for you? Any special requests?

Which date are you back in Calgary?

I'm so super duper excited!

prab